One enchantment of that kind, which I experienced in childhood, has remained remarkably vivid in my memory ever since. It happened on a May morning — I have forgotten the year — but I can still point to the exact spot where it occurred, on a forest path on Martinsberg above Baden, Switzerland. As I strolled through the freshly greened woods filled with bird song and lit up by the morning sun, all at once everything appeared in an uncommonly clear light. Was this something I had simply failed to notice before? Was I suddenly discovering the spring forest as it actually looked? It shone with the most beautiful radiance, speaking to the heart, as though it wanted to encompass me in its majesty. I was filled with an indescribable sensation of joy, oneness, and blissful security.
I have no idea how long I stood there spellbound. But I recall the anxious concern I felt as the radiance slowly dissolved and I hiked on: how could a vision that was so real and convincing, so directly and deeply felt — how could it end so soon? And how could I tell anyone about it, as my overflowing joy compelled me to do, since I knew there were no words to describe what I had seen? It seemed strange that I, as a child, had seen something so marvelous, something that adults obviously did not perceive — for I had never heard them mention it.
While still a child, I experienced several more of these deeply euphoric moments on my rambles through forest and meadow. It was these experiences that shaped the main outlines of my world view and convinced me of the existence of a miraculous, powerful, unfathomable reality that was hidden from everyday sight. -Albert Hoffman
Hello...my name is Cathy...and I use to live with Buzz in Illinois. I just wanted to thank you. I had been searching to find something out about Buzz...but could find nothing. Then I found your site.
ReplyDeleteSo at least now I know 😥.
If you would not mind....could you please tell me what you know about his passing, and possibly where he is now? Well I guess that should be all I ask, but thank you again for your blog. P.S. I hope you are doing well.
Oh....sorry...I put this on the wrong page.
ReplyDeleteI think it fitting you put on this page! Buzz was very wise and from what I can gather was held in esteem by Ram Dass. I think of him as my Ram Dass, haha. He told me that he fell and broke his hip in the shower. Being the badass he is, he managed to somehow get out of the shower and to a phone despite being seriously injured. He went to the hospital, I am not sure but he may have returned home for a time. He told me that he got an infection and that he was not doing well - he sounded very serious - that was the last I heard from him. I called him and left a message, I don’t know if he ever received it. I think it likely that he had passed or was in the process of at that time. I don’t know what happened to his remains and wasn’t able to find information about him online. It may be possible to talk to some of residents at 1 Aspen Drive, Loveland, Colorado and determine, but I live in Delaware (I had moved shortly before his passing).
ReplyDeleteLight and love,
Pat
P.S.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss more! I would love to reminisce together.
Pat
Well do u know if he ever stopped drinking?
ReplyDeleteI don’t know if he did, but he may have drank some ayahuasca that I made, and left to him when I moved back to Delaware.. it was strong stuff!
ReplyDeleteLol.....well im sure he enjoyed it...a lot...lol.
ReplyDeleteSo do u know when he died?
😂😂😂😂😂😂yeah....trust me...lol...he loved it
ReplyDeleteI just looked it up.....So same ol Buzz.
Haha I don’t want to admit to anything he did but yeah ;) we had a lot of fun times together.. wow I miss it. Funny thing is I don’t really drink or whatnot, but we got along so well generally haha. To answer your question, I think he died around the beginning of November 2019. I don’t know the exact date but it was approximately then, because I didn’t hear back from him after that.
ReplyDeleteI just realized I need to change the year on that post for his death! Geez haha. I’m glad you mentioned that
ReplyDeleteOk....thank u.....lol...yeah ...he would indulge some....lol.
ReplyDeleteWell thank u for all the info.
Bye any change do u have any pics?....with out it being a bother....if u should have any?
Wow....i sorry to bug u....im just so sad ....do u know if his cousin...Terry was around?...It just sadness me to think he might have passed alone.....ok...ill stop bothering u.
ReplyDeleteI don’t know.. I think he may have mentioned his cousin fondly to me.. sorry for late reply. Just thinking now about how cool Buzz’s place was as well, lots of antiques and cool collectibles. I wonder what happened to his plants :/..
ReplyDeleteWell who only knows.
ReplyDeleteI found his cousin....he's not doing well either.....no one in his family had talked to him for a while before his passing. It's just sad...but anyway.....thank you for the info....u take care.....